Saturday, September 27, 2008

My recent trip to Udon Thani, Thailand

Just landed in Udon Thani, about one hour from Bangkok
Posing outside the Udon Thani domestic airport. It is a small airport with basic amenities and a canteen for light refreshments. Behind me is my buddy Ricky who was one of the three of us in this trip. Our purpose of the trip was to visit the forest monks in Udon Thani.
I was outside Charoensri Grand Royal Hotel where we stayed. I just had dinner at the nearby night market.
View of our hotel at night.
Our first taste of local food at the night market! We had a plate of ngio hiang dish or "chinese rojak", a huge steamed fish, fried chicken, mango salad and fresh coconuts for each of us. For dessert, we had "ching ting" which is the best I ever tried: its version had more than ten ingredients unlike the Singapore version of maybe 4-5 ingredients. The total cost? About S$16 for four of us :)

No comments: